Author Topic: Athanor 2 - an adventure game  (Read 799 times)

Offline Astrofra

Athanor 2 - an adventure game
« on: July 08, 2019, 08:33:50 PM »
Athanor 2
The Legend of the Birdmen

An Adventure game for the the 16/32 bits machines (Atari ST/Amiga) by SafarGames.fr
Game created by Eric Safar, including the story & ST version.
Original graphics designed by Angel Bautista.
Graphics colorization and Amiga adaptation by your truly.
Additionnal graphics colorization by Vincent Jambut.

In this thread, exclusive to AmigaLife, I will try to post updates, as much as possible, about my progress of the Amiga adaptation of Athanor 2.
This project started super slowly around 2015. It is mostly based on the original Amstrad CPC version, using the same original drawings, except that everything was re-colored from the ground up.
The game itself is programmed in C, targeting the OCS Amigas, including the good old unexpanded A500.

Stay tuned!  8)

Offline Astrofra

Re: Athanor 2 - an adventure game
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 08:39:17 PM »
Let's start with a video capture of the current WIP version :

As said above, the game is programmed in C.

The video shows the game running directly on the scenario data of the ATARI ST version. All the data are massaged in Python and reinjected in the C project.

The graphics (GUI & sceneries) are in 32 colors specifically converted to the Amiga OCS. The sprites are (temporarilly) untouched bitmaps of the ATARI ST version.

This video shows the first basic routine to handle the game inventory. The player can grab objects, they are added to the inventory. If an object is in the inventory it is considered to be in the hand of the player, thus simplifying greatly the game's puzzles. This is temporary as well.

Some of the texts are not the correct one, for some reasons yet to be investigated ^^;

I hope you will like it :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 08:41:18 PM by Astrofra »

Offline kriz

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 09:47:55 AM »
Cool concept, following this project :) Keep on the good work ..

Offline Astrofra

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 09:42:43 PM »
Cool concept, following this project :) Keep on the good work ..

thanks! :)

Tonight, I worked on the mouse pointer, to have it reflecting dynamically the current action:

LOOK

TAKE/DROP

USE

TALK

The PNG -> Hardware sprite conversion was done with Png2Image, a set of Python scripts originaly created by Wei-ju Wu